Paving the way for a greener future with dedicated planner packages at Maritim Hotels
Environmentally friendly activities at Maritim Hotels Germany are helping to turn mealtimes into motorways. Germany’s largest owner managed hotel group has a long established sustainability policy including strict waste separation, compulsory in all Maritim hotels.
Around 4,000 tons of waste is generated each year across the group. These recyclables are almost completely returned to the economic cycle, creating new energy, fuel or fertiliser from waste - broken crockery, for example, is re-used in road construction.
Mark Spivey, Director of International Sales, at Maritim Hotels, comments:
"Who would have thought recycling rubbish could create roads? A commitment to the environment is important for our guests and delegates, and it’s important for us. We deliver this through innovative activities to give our waste another lease of life, so it continues to be useful – in sometimes unexpected ways!
Maritim is Germany’s only hotel company to have a trained sustainability consultant at each hotel. The training is delivered by our partners at the German Convention Bureau as part of their sustainability code for the entire German event industry.”
Maritim Hotels, which has 33 properties across Germany, has the perfect package for planners keen to go green. The ‘Green Meeting’ package (from 55 € onwards per person) available at flagship hotels across the country incorporates sustainable elements such as fair trade food, regional produce and recycled meeting materials.
- Room hire and set-up costs
- Re-useable writing pads with FSC-certified paper and biodegradable pens
- Data projector, screen, flipchart and pin board in the conference room
- A "sweet surprise " from fair trade sources for each participant (UTZ-certified)
- Fair trade coffee, tea, and healthy seasonal snacks such as fruit supplied by regional farmers
- Three course lunches and buffets with freshly-harvested natural ingredients sourced locally
- Fair trade coffee, tea and traditional baked goods using regional ingredients